Well, it’s been quite a week.
- C and I looked around properties, looking for somewhere to live when we move for my job
- C’s tonsillitis developed into something more complicated (despite being told at the clinic a couple of days earlier that he just had to go home and rest and drink fluids and it would go away)
- We agreed on a wee house to rent and put in an application for it
- C ended up in hospital for 2 nights (see above)
- My sister graduated! 🙂
- All of the house-related paperwork was confirmed! (we move at the end of August)
- We bought a car!
… so things definitely improved as the week went on!
At the moment, I am feeling very grateful. So many things have fallen into place for us, with this job, the house, the car … everything has been working out really, really smoothly. And to a limited extent that’s due to us being sensible and working hard and doing our research, but I feel profoundly grateful for the right things coming up at the right time. And on a more basic level, grateful for being born into parts of the world and to families that have given us so many opportunities, for education, to work, to live in peace … many people are not this lucky.
I am strongly reminded of words from the offertory – “all things come from you, and of your own do we give you”. In another week or so (i.e. after I’ve been paid) I’m thinking of making a charity donation, in honour of this. I’m thinking either something third-world developmental, or something within the UK for people who find themselves slipping through the cracks. Any thoughts about organisations to donate to? (my defaults are World Vision, and Broadway)